We’re holding our second-annual Jog-a-thon October 26, to raise funds for literacy projects and a beautiful library in our new building. If each jogger can raise just $50, we will reach our goal of $15,000.
How It Works
- Students and their families will walk or run the large outer loop or the smalle inner loop of Prospect Park. Participants may also ride bikes or scooters.
- Prior to the day of the event, family and friends will be invited to become sponsors, who agree to support students at one of the levels shown here to encourage the student to meet their walking/running goal.
- Students and their families in all classes will be invited and encouraged to participate.
Day of the Event
- Families should sign up in advance here.
- Students and families will meet at the Grand Army Plaza entrance to Prospect Park at 10 a.m. on October 26. Together, they will walk or run the small loop of the park, ending in the Long Meadow where we will have some light snacks and refreshments.
- Families are encouraged to bring blankets, and outdoor activities like balls or bubbles to enjoy after the walk.
- Students and parents/caregivers who would like to run are welcome to leave their bags, blankets at the Start and we will transport them to the Finish.
- Students must be accompanied by a caregiver during the event.
How to Donate
Please choose a level on this page to donate to your jogger. Checks can also be mailed to The Co-op School, 644 Gates Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11221. Please write “Jog-a-Thon” and the sponsored student’s name in the memo section of the check. Be sure to let your student know that you pledged so that they can track it.
In this event, everyone wins! But still…
- Every student who participates will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- The Top 3 earners at each campus will receive an Amazon gift certificate valued at 10 percent of their earnings!
- The class that walks/jogs the most at the Jog-a-Thon will earn a pizza party!
Your donations go toward essential materials and supplies needed to dress our new building, and in the end, go directly to supporting and engaging our wonderful kids in joyful learning. Thank you for all you do for the Co-op School community!
The Co-op School is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law.