We’re holding our first ever Read-a-thon May 8 to June 3, 2019, to raise funds for literacy projects and a beautiful library in our new building. If each reader can raise just $50, we will reach our goal of $15,000.
How It Works
- Co-op school parents should sign up their student(s) using this Google form. Students in all classes have been encouraged to participate and each student has a specified reading goal for the number of books to be read.
- Download your log sheet for pre-k and kindergarten here. Download your log sheet for elementary and middle school here.
- Family and friends are be invited to become sponsors by donating at one of the levels shown here to encourage students to meet their reading goals. Please choose a level on this page to donate to your reader.
- Both campuses will have information tables and sponsor walls—add your sponsor’s name and clip it up! Irving will have a small lending library set up in the lobby to help when you’re in a reading rut. Brevoort’s library will be open 8:15 to 8:45 daily.
- Progress updates will be posted on our school’s internal communication platform, Edsby.
Checks can also be mailed to The Co-op School, 87 Irving Place, Brooklyn, NY 11238. Please write “Read-a-Thon” and the sponsored students name in the memo section of the check. Be sure to let your student know that you pledged so that they can track it.
In this event, everyone wins! But still…
- Every student who participates will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- The Top 3 earners and top 3 readers at each campus will receive a gift certificate from Greenlight Bookstore.
- The class that reads the most books by the end of the Read-a-thon will earn a spirit party with a theme of its choosing, and the winning classroom teachers will receive a gift card for new books for their library.
Your donations go toward essential materials and supplies needed to dress our new building, and in the end, go directly to supporting and engaging our wonderful kids in joyful learning. Thank you for all you do for the Co-op School community!
The Co-op School is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law.