We’re holding our 2nd annual Read-a-thon February 2 to March 2, 2022 to raise funds for our school library. If each reader can raise just $15, we will reach our goal of $3,000!
How It Works
- Co-op school families should sign up their student(s) using this Google form.
- Students in all classes are encouraged to participate and each student can set a personal reading goal.
- Download your log sheet for preschool here. Download your log sheet for elementary and middle school here.
- Family and friends are invited to become sponsors by donating at one of the levels shown here to encourage students to meet their reading goals. Please choose a level on this page to donate to your reader.
- Shout out your reader and leave some words of encouragement on our Read-a-thon Wall here.
- At the completion of our event, families can submit their student(s) final reading totals here.
Checks can be mailed to The Co-op School, 644 Gates Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11221. Please write “Read-a-Thon” and the sponsored students name in the memo section of the check. Be sure to let your student know that you pledged so that they can track it.
In this event, everyone wins! But still…
- Every student who participates will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- The top earner and top reader of each division will receive a gift certificate from Greenlight Bookstore.
- The class that reads the most by the end of the Read-a-thon will earn a spirit party with a theme of its choosing, and the winning classroom teachers will receive a gift card for new books for their library.
Your donations go toward essential materials and supplies needed for our library, and in the end, go directly to supporting and engaging our wonderful kids in joyful learning. Thank you for all you do for the Co-op School community!
The Co-op School is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law.