Thank you for your interest in working at The Co-op School! We are in search of committed educators interested in working in a fun, highly collaborative, creative, and rewarding community. As a progressive, independent school, our staff members help to develop the foundation for achieving our mission and vision and guide students in the dynamic, life-long process of questioning and deepening connections.
Benefits of Being a Part of The Co-op School Staff
- Play a role in building a school and contributing to its culture and curriculum.
- Work in a collaborative environment with two teachers in each classroom.
- Learn through ongoing professional development during our Summer Professional Development Week, weekly meetings with the Education Director, weekly planning sessions, Professional Development days 5 times a year, peer visitations, and off-site professional development workshops.
- Receive a competitive salary package.
- Once applications are submitted, they will be reviewed by one of the education directors and the executive director of the school. If a candidate meets our initial requirements, that person will be contacted to schedule a phone or in-person interview. We will ask questions such as:
- Why do you want to work at The Co-op School?
- How is your philosophy similar to the mission of The Co-op School?
- What does progressive education mean to you?
- How do you like to collaborate with your peers?
- What makes you qualified for this position?
- What strengths/unique skills do you think you can bring to the team?
- Candidates who appear to be a match with the school’s mission and vision will be invited to demonstrate their teaching practice through a demo lesson and debrief session. Final round candidates will receive an overview of the school and a school tour during their visit.
Lower School Assistant Teacher
Assistant Teachers share with the Head Teacher the task of maintaining and organizing materials and preparing for the week’s lessons. Assistant Teachers also spend a great deal of time helping their students with classwork and projects, as well as facilitating social interactions between students and assisting with the personal hygiene needs of the students. All Assistants have opportunities to teach small and large group lessons alone or with the assistance of the Head Teacher. Assistants partake in the planning of curriculum for the week or the month and have the opportunity to plan and execute their own unit of study at some point during the year. While communicating with parents via email, telephone, or in-person is usually the responsibility of the Head Teacher, they should also be included in family communication. Assistants participate in parent conferences and contribute to the writing of student reports. Assistant Teachers attend staff meetings, curriculum nights, teacher meetings, and planning after school one hour a week.
To learn more about the position and for information on how to apply, please click here.
On-call Substitute Teachers
We are looking for energetic and dedicated individuals to serve as on-call Substitute Teachers in all Elementary and Middle School grades. Teaching experience is appreciated.
The ideal candidate would:
- Love Elementary/Middle School students and learning
- Deliver curriculum in a variety of disciplines
- Have a positive outlook on the world and opportunities for young people
- Be dedicated to social-emotional learning and positive discipline practices
- Demonstrate a commitment to our school’s mission
- Promote responsible citizenship and respect for diversity and differences
To apply, please contact Mandy Vadnai, Elementary School Division Head, at email@example.com.
Special Education Teacher Support Services Providers
The Co-op School is an inclusive learning community and thus we are always looking to help connect our families to quality Department of Education–approved SETTS providers. Currently, we need providers for five 60-minute sessions for a second-grade student, a third-grade student, and a fourth-grade student. Email our Special Education Coordinator, Jenna Vitale, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested.
The Co-op School is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit. discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, religion or religious practices, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic predisposition or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws. Our policy extends to all employment practices including but not limited to, hiring, transfer, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, lay-offs, and termination.