Thank you for your interest in working at The Co-op School! We are in search of committed educators interested in working in a fun, highly collaborative, creative, and rewarding community. As a progressive, independent school, our staff members help to develop the foundation for achieving our mission and vision and guide students in the dynamic, life-long process of questioning and deepening connections.
Benefits of Being a Part of The Co-op School Staff
- Play a role in building a school and contributing to its culture and curriculum.
- Work in a collaborative environment with two teachers in each classroom.
- Learn through ongoing professional development during our Summer Professional Development Week, weekly meetings with the Education Director, weekly planning sessions, Professional Development days 5 times a year, peer visitations, and off-site professional development workshops.
- Receive a competitive salary package.
- Once applications are submitted, they will be reviewed by the one of the education directors and the executive director of the school. If a candidate meets our initial requirements, that person will be contacted to schedule a phone or in-person interview. We will ask questions such as:
- Why do you want to work at The Co-op School?
- How is your philosophy similar with the mission of The Co-op School?
- What does progressive education mean to you?
- How do you like to collaborate with your peers?
- What makes you qualified for this position?
- What strengths/unique skills do you think you can bring to the team?
- Candidates who appear to be a match with the school’s mission and vision will be invited to demonstrate their teaching practice through a demo lesson and debrief session. Final round candidates will receive an overview of the school and a school tour during their visit.
Special Education Teacher Support Services Providers
The Co-op School is an inclusive learning community and thus we are always looking to help connect our families to quality Department of Education–approved SETTS providers. Currently, we need providers for five 60-minute sessions for a second-grade student, a third-grade student, and a fourth-grade student. Email our Special Education Coordinator, Jenna Vitale, at email@example.com, if you are interested.
The Co-op School is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit. discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, religion or religious practices, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic predisposition or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws. Our policy extends to all employment practices including but not limited to, hiring, transfer, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, lay-offs, and termination.