Thank you for your interest in working at The Co-op School!
The Co-op School is in search of committed educators interested in working in a fun, highly collaborative, creative, and rewarding community. As a new school, our staff members help to develop the foundation for achieving our mission and vision and work with us to ensure that all of our students receive access to an excellent, inquiry-based elementary experience.
Benefits of being a part of The Co-op School staff:
- To be a part of building a new school and contributing to its culture and curriculum.
- Be part of a collaborative environment with two teachers in each classroom.
- Learn through ongoing professional development during our Summer Professional Development Week, weekly meetings with the Education Director, weekly planning sessions, Professional Development days 5 times a year, peer visitations, and off-site professional development workshops.
- Once applications are submitted, they will be reviewed by the Education Director and the Director of the school. If a candidate meets our initial requirements, he/she will be contacted to schedule a phone or in person interview. We will ask questions such as:
- Why do you want to work at The Co-op School?
- How is your philosophy similar with the mission of The Co-op School?
- What is progressive education to you?
- How do you like to collaborate with your peers?
- What makes you qualified for this position?
- What strengths/unique skills do you think you can bring to the team?
- Candidates who appear to be a match with the school’s mission and vision will be invited to demonstrate their teaching practice through a demo lesson and debrief session. When visiting the school, we will provide final round candidates with an overview of the school and a school tour.
How can I apply?
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for elementary school and firstname.lastname@example.org for preschool. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.
- Your cover letter should include a statement of your educational philosophy and also why you are interested in becoming part of our team.
The Co-op School is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, religion or religious practices, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic predisposition or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws. Our policy extends to all employment practices including but not limited to, hiring, transfer, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, lay-offs, and termination.