Thank you for your interest in working at The Co-op School! We are in search of committed educators interested in working in a fun, highly collaborative, creative, and rewarding community. As a progressive, independent school, our staff members help to develop the foundation for achieving our mission and vision and guide students in the dynamic, life-long process of questioning and deepening connections.
Benefits of Being a Part of The Co-op School Staff
- Play a role in building a school and contributing to its culture and curriculum.
- Work in a collaborative environment with two teachers in each classroom.
- Learn through ongoing professional development during our Summer Professional Development Week, weekly meetings with the Education Director, weekly planning sessions, Professional Development days 5 times a year, peer visitations, and off-site professional development workshops.
- Receive a competitive salary package.
- Once applications are submitted, they will be reviewed by one of the education directors and the executive director of the school. If a candidate meets our initial requirements, that person will be contacted to schedule a phone or in-person interview. We will ask questions such as:
- Why do you want to work at The Co-op School?
- How is your philosophy similar to the mission of The Co-op School?
- What does progressive education mean to you?
- How do you like to collaborate with your peers?
- What makes you qualified for this position?
- What strengths/unique skills do you think you can bring to the team?
- Candidates who appear to be a match with the school’s mission and vision will be invited to demonstrate their teaching practice through a demo lesson and debrief session. Final round candidates will receive an overview of the school and a school tour during their visit.
Lower School Part Time Spanish Teacher
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Spanish teacher to join our team. This is a truly unique opportunity to work closely with our team in shaping a new program with lots of room for professional growth.
To learn more about the position and for information on how to apply, please click here.
On-call Substitute Teachers
We are looking for energetic and dedicated individuals to serve as on-call Substitute Teachers in all Elementary and Middle School grades. Teaching experience is appreciated.
The ideal candidate would:
- Love Elementary/Middle School students and learning
- Deliver curriculum in a variety of disciplines
- Have a positive outlook on the world and opportunities for young people
- Be dedicated to social-emotional learning and positive discipline practices
- Demonstrate a commitment to our school’s mission
- Promote responsible citizenship and respect for diversity and differences
To apply, please contact Evelyn Espinoza, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.