Thank you for your interest in working at The Co-op School! We are in search of committed educators interested in working in a fun, highly collaborative, creative, and rewarding community. As a progressive, independent school, our staff members help to develop the foundation for achieving our mission and vision and guide students in the dynamic, life-long process of questioning and deepening connections.
Benefits of Being a Part of The Co-op School Staff
- Play a role in building a school and contributing to its culture and curriculum.
- Work in a collaborative environment with two teachers in each classroom.
- Learn through ongoing professional development during our Summer Professional Development Week, weekly meetings with the Education Director, weekly planning sessions, Professional Development days 5 times a year, peer visitations, and off-site professional development workshops.
- Receive a competitive salary package.
- Once applications are submitted, they will be reviewed by one of the education directors and the executive director of the school. If a candidate meets our initial requirements, that person will be contacted to schedule a phone or in-person interview. We will ask questions such as:
- Why do you want to work at The Co-op School?
- How is your philosophy similar to the mission of The Co-op School?
- What does progressive education mean to you?
- How do you like to collaborate with your peers?
- What makes you qualified for this position?
- What strengths/unique skills do you think you can bring to the team?
- Candidates who appear to be a match with the school’s mission and vision will be invited to demonstrate their teaching practice through a demo lesson and debrief session. Final round candidates will receive an overview of the school and a school tour during their visit.
The Co-op School is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to join our administrative team. The right candidate will have a grasp of school-based administrative skills to help serve as a point of contact and link between employees, internal departments, and external parties, including vendors, and families. They handle clerical and administrative duties, analyze and improve office processes and policies, and ensure that the office operates smoothly. The Coordinator reports to the Head of School and works closely with the administrative team.
Monday -Friday 7:45 am – 4:00 pm
- Complete school data projects as needed
- Communicate with families
- Update student forms in the database
- Monitor student attendance
- Coordinate emergency drills
- Acting Fire Marshall, with Certificate of Fitness
- Facilitates building maintenance and projects with the Maintenance Manager including plumbing, electrician, landlord, locksmith, HVAC, custodian
- Inventories and orders all office supplies
- Monitors phone and takes messages
- Processes enrollment inquiries and applications
- Supports division heads and facilitates ordering
- Coordinates OPT (Office of Pupil Transportation)
- Documentation management
- Procurement management
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Team-management skills
- Finance and accounting skills
- Organizational skills
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include Administrative Coordinator in the subject line of the email. Your cover letter should include why you are interested in becoming part of the team. If you have questions about any of our positions, please feel free to email Evelyn Espinoza, Human Resource Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Education Teacher Support Services Providers
The Co-op School is an inclusive learning community and thus we are always looking to help connect our families to quality Department of Education–approved SETTS providers. Currently, we need providers for five 60-minute sessions for a second-grade student, a third-grade student, and a fourth-grade student. Email our Special Education Coordinator, Jenna Vitale, at email@example.com, if you are interested.
The Co-op School is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit. discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, religion or religious practices, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic predisposition or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws. Our policy extends to all employment practices including but not limited to, hiring, transfer, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, lay-offs, and termination.