Thank you for your interest in working at The Co-op School! The Co-op School is in search of committed educators interested in working in a fun, highly collaborative, creative, and rewarding community. As a new school, our staff members help to develop the foundation for achieving our mission and vision and work with us to ensure that all of our students receive access to an excellent, inquiry-based preschool and elementary experience.
Benefits of Being a Part of The Co-op School Staff
- Play a role in building a new school and contributing to its culture and curriculum.
- Work in a collaborative environment with two teachers in each classroom.
- Learn through ongoing professional development during our Summer Professional Development Week, weekly meetings with the Education Director, weekly planning sessions, Professional Development days 5 times a year, peer visitations, and off-site professional development workshops.
- Competitive salary package
- Once applications are submitted, they will be reviewed by the Education Director and the Director of the school. If a candidate meets our initial requirements, he/she will be contacted to schedule a phone or in-person interview. We will ask questions such as:
- Why do you want to work at The Co-op School?
- How is your philosophy similar with the mission of The Co-op School?
- What does progressive education mean to you?
- How do you like to collaborate with your peers?
- What makes you qualified for this position?
- What strengths/unique skills do you think you can bring to the team?
- Candidates who appear to be a match with the school’s mission and vision will be invited to demonstrate their teaching practice through a demo lesson and debrief session. Final round candidates will receive an overview of the school and a school tour during their visit.
Special Education Teacher Support Services Providers
The Co-op School is an inclusive learning community and thus we are always looking to help connect our families to quality Department of Education–approved SETTS providers. Currently we need providers for five 60-minute sessions for a second-grade student, a third-grade student, and a fourth-grade student. Email our Special Education Coordinator, Jenna Vitale, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested.
Middle School Positions for 2018-19
- Humanities Teacher
- Spanish Teacher
- STEM Teacher
We are seeking experienced and passionate teachers to join our founding middle school team as we launch our first 6th grade class. In addition to teaching responsibilities, middle school faculty will also serve as advisors, teach an elective of their choosing, and be an integral component of the school community. This is a truly unique opportunity to work closely with our middle school coordinator in shaping a brand new program with lots of room for professional growth. We are looking for candidates that possess the following skills and qualities:
- A commitment to working with middle school students and an enthusiasm for making real world connections through the fields of science and math
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- 3 years experience teaching students in grades 6-8
- Enthusiasm for the opportunities and challenges inherent in working with middle school students
- A willingness to collaborate with others and continually inspire students to love learning
- A commitment to social justice and anti-bias curriculum
- Reflective practitioner in a state of constant professional growth and a willingness to share their craft with others
- Experience working with children with special needs as some students have IEPs
- An ability and willingness to differentiate instruction
- Commitment to and knowledge of experiential and inquiry-based teaching and learning
- A positive attitude, flexible approach, and a sense of humor
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter, résumé, and statement of education philosophy to Kerry Roeder, Middle School Coordinator, at email@example.com
The Co-op School is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit. discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, religion or religious practices, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, prior arrest or conviction record, genetic predisposition or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws. Our policy extends to all employment practices including but not limited to, hiring, transfer, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, lay-offs, and termination.