We’re holding our annual Jog-a-thon on Saturday, October 29th, 2022, to raise funds for our capital campaign. Our goal for the year is $9,000.
How It Works
- Students and their families will arrive starting at 9:30am. The run will start promptly at 10am.
- Students can walk or run the large outer loop or the smaller inner loop of Prospect Park. (Participants may also ride bikes or scooters.)
- Prior to the day of the event, family and friends will be invited to become sponsors, who agree to support students at one of the levels shown here to encourage them to meet their walking/running goal.
- Students and their families in all classes will be invited and encouraged to participate.
Day of the Event
- Families should sign up in advance here.
- Students and families will start at Grand Army Plaza entrance to Prospect Park on October 29. Together, we will walk or run the loop of the park, ending back at the starting point where we will have some light snacks and refreshments.
- Families are encouraged to bring blankets and outdoor activities like balls or bubbles to enjoy after.
- Students and parents/caregivers who would like to run are welcome to leave their bags and blankets at the start.
- Students must be accompanied by an adult at all times during the event.
How to Donate
Please choose a level on this page to donate to your jogger. Checks can also be mailed to The Co-op School, 644 Gates Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11221. Please write “Jog-a-Thon” and the sponsored student’s name in the memo section of the check. Be sure to let your student know that you pledged so that they can track it.
In this event, everyone wins! But still…
- Every student who participates will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- The Top 3 earners from each division campus will receive a $25 Amazon gift certificate!
- The class with the most participants at the Jog-a-Thon will earn a pizza party!
Your donations go toward essential materials and supplies needed for our school and, in the end, will go directly to supporting and engaging our wonderful students in joyful learning. Thank you for all you do for the Co-op School community!
The Co-op School is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law.