1. How long have you been working at The Co-op School?
“This is my second year working at The Co-op School.”
2. What’s your favorite part of being part of The Co-op School?
“The great people! The parents, staff, and children are friendly, diverse, and serious about both fun and learning.”
3. What do you like to do for fun?
“I’ve been a drummer for 20 years! Drumming has always been the most fun thing for me, and now that I am not making a living (or attempting to make a living) off of it, it is even more fun. Discovering new music, and re-discovering old music is fun, and so is trying to learn to play the piano finally at age 36.”
4. What’s your favorite restaurant?
“Taro Sushi on Flatbush, and I just went to The Pines on 3rd Avenue in Gowanus and it kinda blew me away. Also Lobo on 5th Avenue in Park Slope. Me and my girlfriend go there for lunch almost every weekend. They’ve got killer margaritas and maybe my favorite salsa ever. “
5. What’s your favorite sandwich?
“A Chicken Parm from Hoagie Haven in Princeton, New Jersey. I grew up in Princeton and go back as much as possible, it was a heck of a place to grow up.”
6. What’s your favorite song?
“Hardest question ever! I won’t over think it…Dance hall Days by Wang Chung…yup, that’s it. “
7. Where do you want your next vacation to be?
8. What are you reading right now?
“For Christmas I asked my mom to renew my subscription to the New Yorker. I was without it for two years and I missed it. It’s such an incredible magazine, I feel like it is the text book for this class I’m taking called “Life.” It comes almost every week so it’s definitely got me covered for now!”
9. If you could buy yourself anything what would it be?
“Two Season tickets to the next New York Islanders hockey season.”
10. What TV sitcom family would you most like to be a member of?
“I’ve always wanted to act but I haven’t had many opportunities. Maybe it will be my next career move. Phil from Modern Family is kinda my idol these days.”